20060928

Welcome, Dobrodošli!

And finally, after a long time the decision has fallen... I started a blog. It should touch various topics that are interesting to me.
I want to make a blog that really transposes me and my life on the Internet, so there will be some posts in various languages that I speak, namely Slovene, Italian, English and German. I started studying Spanish, but I'm still not good to write in it.

Let me introduce myself:
I was born in 1975 in Trst (Trieste for the Italians, Triest for Germans/English speaking) I live on the Karst above Trst. As you have probably noticed I'm part of the Slovene minority that lives in that area since the 6th century.

My interest are quite a few; computers, that also become my work, reading, I read a lot and everything. A few years ago I also started with a great open air activity called geocaching. I'm also involved with the EuroBillTracker translation into Slovene.

In my opinion DRM is a bad thing and should be changed to leave more freedom to the people.
I'm working almost exclusively with Linux or GNU/Linux to be precise. My favorite distribution was SuSE for the Desktop and Debian for the servers, but in the last months I started to appreciate more Kubuntu. I really love the opensource movement and IÃ m trying to promote it whenever I can.

Then there is the most important person in my life... Maja. After 4 years and a half being together we got officially engaged this year on the15th of August. We bought an old farm house in Slovenija, 7km from where I live, a year ago and now we have finally managed to redesign it for our needs with the help of our architect. I guess you will read more about that house next spring when we will start rebuilding the house.

No comments: