20061005

Construction workers & Phishing Site

Finally, on next Wednesday I scheduled a meeting with a construction company for a price quote on the works we have to do in the house. I'm excited by the idea of starting the REAL work on the house, but also a little bit afraid of the price they will ask for it.

Today I reported a phishing web site to Netcraft. By the way, if you have not yet installed their toolbar, do so. It's a great tool to stop the paypal. ebay etc. scams. The site I reported was trying to convince me (in Italian) that I haven't paid an invoice for some 290 € and to download a copy of the invoice which was in a 'strange' executable format... Of course I downloaded it... But on my SuSE Linux box and scanned it with clamav. It found the Trojan.Startpage-417

DANGER:
The page is located at http://www.acquadirose.com/fatturazione/index.htm l (if you really wish to visit it remove the space in ".htm l")

No comments: