20061023

SanDisk Ultra II 512Mb SD Card

I contacted Sandisk support on the 3rd October for a 512Mb SD Ultra II card that didn't work anymore. I tried to reformat it etc, but there were problems with the size of the media not being recognized. Sandisk asked me to do a format and gave me some hints about the data recovery (basically a link to a Windows only program for data recovery). I asked for a replacement and they gave me the addresses of their two Italian distributors as I bought the card in Italy. The store where I bought the card had closed in the meantime, so this wasn't a viable alternative.
I wrote an e-mail to one of the distributors on the 5th October and got no response, so on the 11th I wrote also to the other distributor. Until today no response from both.
I phoned them today. I was bounced through 3 departments until I reached Mr. Marco, who initially tried to redirect me to the store where I bought the card, but after a while and probably after contacting his supervisor agreed to have the card sent in for a replacement. Thank you Marco!

Mission accomplished in "just" four weeks... :-(

No comments: